Petzl Grigri Belay Device
Belay device with assisted braking, for a broad range of single rope diameters (8.5 to 11 mm), designed for the experienced belayer.
Get an alert when the product is in stock:
Belay device with assisted braking for a broad range of single rope diameters (8.5 to 11 mm)
The GRIGRI is a belay device with assisted braking designed for belaying both in the gym and at the crag. Compact and lightweight, it can be used with single ropes from 8.5 to 11 mm. The assisted braking function makes belaying more convenient when holding a climber or catching a fall. The design of the handled camming mechanism enables exceptional descent control.
- Belay device with assisted braking, compatible with a broad range of single rope diameters, for both gym and crag:
– feeding slack and catching falls are done using standard belay techniques; always keep a hand on the brake side of the rope
– belaying convenience, thanks to assisted braking: when a climber falls, the device pivots on the carabiner, the rope tightens and the cam pinches and brakes the rope. Holding the brake side of the rope helps engage the cam; therefore, it is important to always hold the brake side of the rope
– compatible with dynamic single ropes 8.5 to 11 mm, optimized for 8.9 to 10.5 mm
– rope installation diagram engraved on both the interior and exterior of the device
- Exceptional convenience when lowering:
– the ergonomic handle allows you to easily unblock the rope and lower someone
– easily controlled, progressive rope feed provides a smooth and comfortable descent
- Intended for all users:
– simple to use for belaying both lead or top-rope climbers
– optimally balanced design: lightweight (175 g), compact and durable
- Weight: 175 g
- Rope compatibility: 8.5 to 11 mm single rope
- Material(s): aluminum side plates, stainless steel cam and friction plate, reinforced nylon handle
- Certification(s): CE EN 15151-1, UIAA
Blue, Gray, Red
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.